Monday, July 2, 2012

Nora Ephron RIP

It hasn't even been a week and we're already missing Nora Ephron's voice.
Her POV was incomparable, but we'll try to describe it:  Tart but sweet, she made her point but not at anyone's expense, except maybe her own. I mean, really, who else would have the courage to title a book "I'm Not Happy About My Neck."
I remember when Crazy Salad came out. It was probably the first book of hers I bought. Even though our backgrounds were dramatically different, I could relate. When she published Heartburn, probably the funniest roman a clef ever written, and, no doubt, the first with recipes at the end, I cheered her on even more.
"Love, Loss & What I Wore" may not be Shakespeare, but it's still rock n' roll to me.
Nora, how could you leave us? Who will help us laugh at old age?

No comments: